Collaboration is essential to the success of most construction projects with those participating increasingly realising the importance of sharing knowledge and information.
Despite this, there appears to be few organisations who are truly embracing the collaboration process of collaboration between the industry sectors, therefore making it difficult to effectively interact and achieve a common project goals within the bounds of cost, quality and time. The purpose of the C3 Alliance is to identify the views of manufacturers, developers and contractors on the importance of collaboration in construction supply chain.
- The ten key benefits of collaboration in the construction industry:
- Competitive advantage
- Continuity of business and supply
- More opportunities
- Buying power
- Risks are more transparent and manageable
- Solutions can be more appropriate and buildable
- Shared problem-solving leads to better problem resolution
- Improved worker safety
- Better coordination